Best Jump Starters of the Year
Buying Guide and Advice
Choosing The Best Jump Starter For The Car
While the word jump starter is a common enough term for car enthusiasts, the layman is not very knowledgeable about it. However since most people drive cars today, it is very important for him to understand the utility and functionality of a jump starter.
As the word suggests, a jump starter is used to jump start a dead battery. In fact it is common enough to get up one fine morning and go about the daily routine as any other day only to find that the car battery has conked off. For people who do not own a jumps starter, this directly translates into long queues for tickets and immense rush in the metro; something which most people loathe to experience.
The only way to solve this problem is to buy a jump starter. Below are given some tips and features to look out for when shopping for the same. They are:
- Battery type match: It is very important for the type of the jump starter to match the type of battery it will need to restart. Only then will the jump starter be able to properly start the car battery when one is stranded somewhere with a dead battery.
- Battery power for the jump starter: The battery powering the jump starter needs to have ample number of peaks and cranking amperes to restart a dead battery during emergencies. It is common knowledge that the more the peaks, the greater is the power that the jump starter will feed the battery thereby giving it the necessary boost for starting
- Easy recharge: The jump starter should have facilities for onboard charging. The presence of an AC built-in cable is mandatory since it is used to recharge the jump starter battery. The longer the cable the easier it will be to charge the jump starter battery.
- Clamps: The clamps present should be insulated and heavy duty ones so as to cut through all the dirt and mud present on the battery and make contact. The presence of insulation prevents the user from being subjected to shocks.
- Weight: Since this is generally for emergencies, it is better to opt for one with less weight to make it easier to carry it around.
- Warranty: Typically warranty on this ranges from 90 days to about 2 years. Hence it is always better to opt for one with the maximum warranty if all other features remain the same.
Top 5 jump starter review
Looking at the many different brands of jump starters available, choosing one might seem quite difficult. But a quick look at the products reviews of the different brands of jump starters will enable the customer to choose the correct one. The top brands making and marketing jump starters are:
- Pro GB150: This Nocco Genius Boost is portable, made of lithium and offering about 4000 cranking amperes. It also has the capability to jump start around 80 engines per every charge of the jump starter. It is also extremely reliable and even has ports to charge smartphones, tablets etc. The presence of a digital voltmeter integrated into the jump starter enables it to check the engines voltage and make adjustments accordingly.
- DBPOWER: With a super cool design, smart charging ports and even an LCD screen, the DBPOWER is one of the best selling jump starters today. Its compactness makes it easy to carry it in the glove compartment of the car. The presence of an LCD screen complete with a digital compass, makes it easier to read information on the screen. Also this jump starter can be used 30 times to recharge dead car batteries even when using it to its full potential of 600 amps. Its versatility can be gauged from the presence of an 8 in 1 adaptor unit for laptops. The clamp cables are also well insulated offering the buyer a product which is filled with features and is also absolutely safe to use. It comes with a 3 year warrant and is also easy to use.
- Aickar: This is a jump starter which has been built with special emphasis and stress on safety. Having the lowest probability of any kinds of associated dangers, this jump starter definitely has prioritised safety like no one else and offers protection from :
- Over voltages,
- Over charges and even
- Reverse polarity.
It has the ability to recharge 30 times after it has been charged just once increases its utility while the heavy duty cables and peak current of about 800 amperes makes it an ideal device to use with several cars.
- J5C09: This jump starter from STANLEY has been specifically designed for catering to the dead batteries of large cars. With 500 instantly starting amps each having 1000amperes peak, this jump starter is extremely versatile in its use. Thus they come with a multitude of features like:
- A 120PSI air compressor for inflating flat tyres,
- USB port for charging mobiles and smartphones,
- A 270degree LED swivel light to help during the darkness of the night and
- A reverse polarity alarm to warn the user about wrongly connected clamps.
- BEATIT Tech: This is an easy to use jump starter and power bank combination which enables it to charge any or all electronics carried by the driver. It has a very high capacity which makes it all the more versatile. Overloads and short circuits can also be avoided using this jump starter due to the presence of a:
- Design which is absolutely mistake resistant,
- Spark proof and
- Protection for reversed polarity.
Other jump starters which have also managed a make an impact are the:
- Portable FlyHi 500ampreres car which is said to be compact and pocket-friendly,
- JNC660 belonging to Jump-N-Carry is supposed to have the best design and interface with 1700 peak amperes and 12 volts power output.
While the unique selling features differ for the products made by the different brands, the basics remain the same. Hence it is very important to know the battery type of the car before selecting a jump starter so that the two can be completely in sync.
If you have ever been stranded on the side of the road with a dead battery, you should know the importance of it. For anyone unfamiliar, let us introduce you to the car jump starter, also sometimes called car battery jump box, jump starter pack or even booster pack. The concept is rather simple really. It’s like a normal car battery, except it’s portable, so you can carry it around everywhere.
You won’t use it 99 percent of the time, but it will come more than handy when you actually do need to use it. As they say, the best jump starter is the one you have when you need it but as most flat batteries happen when you least expect them, for instance, a road trip or when in a rush so when you don’t have one, the only other alternative to the jump start battery are jumper cables. The problem with jumper cables is that you are left at the mercy of a kind unknown driver to lend you his battery so you can jump start your car. So, it is very important to have one at hand.
Choosing the Best Jump Starter 2017
Regular cars have a 12volt battery, some older, like classic vehicles use 6 volt battery instead Check your battery’s voltage and buy a jump starter matching your battery.
As far as power of the jump box decrease, the more the better. The battery needs to have sufficient peak amps, as well as cranking amps to start your car. Most cars require modest power to start, but vehicles equipped with bigger factory batteries such as luxury cars might need a more power on jump starter. Again, make sure to pay attention to your own car battery and match the cranking amps.
500-A Peak Jump Starter, GooBang Doo BOPOWER 500A Peak 13600 mAh Portable Car Jump
- [Powerful & Compact]: Jump start your vehicle (up to 4.2L gas or 3.0L diesel engine or Motorcycle, oil boat and sleigh etc) up to 500 amps of peak current and heavy duty clamps and cables. Car Jump Starter has an incredibly large 13,600 mAh capacity battery, which means you can crank up any size of passenger car. Compact enough to store in your glovebox.
- [Multiple Charging Ports]: With 13,600 mAh capacity and smart USB port, it can full charge your laptops (include 8 in 1 laptop adapters in the package), smartphones, tablets, and other devices at the fastest speed possible, we charge 110% faster,save your 50% time.
- [6 in 1 Multi-Function]: (Emergency jump start, USB quick charge, LED flashlight, S.O.S lighting signal for help, new-added LCD screen, power extend ). it can help you In any case when you are adventure, outdoor, daily, emergency, high and low temperature(-20°c to 60°c) etc.
- [100% Safety Protection]: The high quality and spray gold clamps has over current protection, short circuit protection, overload protection, over-voltage protection, over-charge protection. The high quality lithium battery which allow it to Provide stable strong Peak and current voltage, but not explode !
- [What You Get]: BOPOWER Jump Starter, jump cables clamp, wall charger, car charger, 8 in 1 laptop adapters,usb charging cable, user guide, 1 year warranty and friendly customer service.
This is a very good Jump Starter at good price, check it out!
Best Portable Jump Starter Buy in 2017
Top 6: Car Rover 26000 mAh 450A Peak Portable Multi-function
Best Portable Jump Starter 2017
Thanks for watching Best Portable Jump Starter 2017 Reviews
Best Jump Starters 2017 - Car Jump Starter Reviews
Stanley J509 500 Amp Jump Starter